Is your website not doing as well as it used to with search engines? Did you know that over 50% of an average website’s traffic comes from organic search traffic which is greatly affected by the quality of your site’s text, video, and image content? SEO Content is a crucial factor that can drive substantial change in your overall traffic for better or worse depending on the quality.
Content Strategy – Learn about content strategy for your online business.
Content Marketing – Discover why content is one of the biggest factors in SEO and how it can be leveraged to improve your website visibility.
Content Creation – Save time with professionally build content services to meet your marketing goals.
Why Does the Quality of Content Matter for SEO?
Straight from Google’s SEO starter guide, it states that “creating compelling and useful content will likely influence your website more than any of the other factors discussed here.” Google’s algorithms that govern over site ranking are constantly in flux, and the content & main ideas of your site must also adapt to maintain the success and ranking of your business through the various search engine updates. Well written content must appeal to both visitors and Google’s web crawlers to rank well in search results.
Google’s PageRank algorithm crawls each page and assigns a value, and a higher volume of pages on your website can help boost the overall PageRank score if the content is well written. This is crucial because a higher PageRank score lands you closer to the top of search results and encourages more individuals to visit your site, giving you the opportunity to acquire trustworthy backlinks. In Google’s eyes, backlinks are a strong indicator for the quality of your content, and acquiring them can help to further boost the PageRank score for your domain.
Our seasoned SEO and content experts can improve the SEO properties, conversions, and overall traffic of your website by improving your content. For more information on the process and SEO content services we offer for improving search visibility, see our Search Engine Optimization page.
What is High-Quality Content?
With over 4.6 billion web pages on the internet, having a website that is saturated with first-rate content is a huge step in getting ahead of the competition. But, what is high-quality content? The simple answer is that high-quality content comes in many forms – it can be different for every industry, target audience, or keyword but can always be measured based on whether or not it performs its ta. It’s difficult for someone to point directly at a site and say: “This is what quality content looks like” because the definition of what is quality is being constantly redefined by Google’s ranking algorithms.
Identifying excellent content is not too difficult – the top pages for almost every query will have good quality content, but what makes the content of these pages truly stand out from other results on search engines? In their SEO starter guide, Google mentions that quality content involves:
- Useful and Interesting Information: Your content must not only benefit the user, but drive their interest in an entertaining way to be considered high-quality. Furthermore, your content must be more useful and interesting than other sites. To get a high-quality rating, your content must add unique value – rewriting the same content seen on other domains in your own words will get you nowhere.
- Expertise, Authoritativeness, and Trustworthiness (E-A-T): Superior content is written from the perspective of an expert who has (or at least seems to have) enough experience to convince their audience that their information is trustworthy and comes from a source of authority on the topic.
- Unique and User-Friendly Substance: Your content should be individually produced for each of your pages and should not be duplicated or used multiple times. It is also important to remember that the user is the most important audience to appeal to, not the web crawlers that assign values and ranks to your pages.
- Conversion Into Paying Customers: Content should aim to answer key questions while compelling users to convert with engaging imagery & videos, grammatically correct text, and avoid being distracting by only displaying non-intrusive advertising.
Common Problems With Content That Negatively Affect Your Website
- Unoptimized Content that is not written with the strategic goal of appealing to as many people as possible can worsen the ranking of your website rather than helping them. Follow the current, best practices in terms of what keywords to use and how to effectively use them in writing your content rather than just keyword stuffing your language to the brim.
- Duplicate Content can be deadly to the rankings of your website. Any content that is directly copied from another source whether it is content written on a page or hidden in a Meta Title or Description will hurt your websites ability to rank for keywords. Content that is duplicate gives Google the perception that the overall quality of your site’s content is low and can severely penalize your rankings.
- Thin Content or content that adds little to no value to the page will not add much value to the PageRank score of your website. This type of content is typically seen in auto-generated content blocks that are the same on every page of a website or content that is copied directly from another website without modification.
- Grammar Issues present a problem for both visitors and the crawlers at Google. Any mistakes in writing that lead to an unclear understanding from readers can hurt your content’s ability to motivate a visitor into taking action and hurts the overall conversion rate of your website.
Avoiding these common content mistakes can help you develop a better understanding of what high-quality content looks like and improve the performance of your website.
Benefits of SEO Content Services
- High quality, eye-grabbing content.
- Affordable & able to scale for mobile-friendliness.
- Keyword targeted content that ranks well on the biggest search engines.
- Talented writers experienced with Panda & Penguin.
- Improved traffic and leads, higher average click-through rates, more conversions of visitors into customers.
- Constant monitoring and updates from the content team at CaliNetworks.
Improving your site’s content can be a time-consuming process, but it is one of the most important factors that can influence your website’s traffic and is worth investing in. We have developed content for sites since 2001, and can help you improve the performance of your website today. Give us a call for a free site analysis or quote (805) 409-7700.
Our Process of Developing Superior Content
At CaliNetworks, our goal is to put together a content strategy that offers a unique and entertaining experience for your clientele. With over 15 years of experience in writing content, we understand that strong rankings require interesting, well-structured site content. With SEO in mind, our content writers focus on creating content that is authoritative and relevant while maintaining a consistent, well-optimized main idea for your brand that targets high volume keywords with many potential customers to attract to your business. This can involve rewriting current page content or completely replacing it with content that is specifically tailored to rank well for certain keywords.
Our writing teams have experience generating content for a wide variety of businesses across different industries and target audiences. Our first step involves analyzing your site’s content and putting together a design approach that will take your site’s performance to an exceptional level.
The process of improving site content includes:
- Analyzing the current site and competitor websites.
- Identifying keywords to target in your content, titles, meta descriptions, and H1 heading tags.
- Building a strategy around high-quality content. No compromises.
- Next, our content writing professionals will compose the content with SEO in mind to maximize the performance of the content of your pages.
- Planning & deployment of content strategy.
- A/B testing with content and dynamic content revisions for high ranking pages.
- Constant creative for ongoing content services and updates.
Improve Your Content with CaliNetworks
Looking for more insight on improving your website content? Contact an SEO expert today for a free website analysis or quote at 805-409-7700 and enhance the visibility of your business. Better content helps you grow your website traffic, achieve higher conversion rates, and generate more leads and revenue for your business.
For over 15 years, we have enjoyed the challenge of helping businesses thrive with a focus on building a robust collection of first-rate content. If you’re interested in reading more about digital marketing, visit our blog or select a topic from the menu below.